HEADSAIL REEFING AND FURLING SYSTEM
- Rugged equipment specifically engineered for cruising needs.
- Easy one person installation, (no rigging changes, no need to go aloft).
- Existing sails can be used after simple adaptation.
- Designed to furl or reef up to two headsails.
- Lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.
- The lowest price.
No swivels under tension to jam or fail.
Open drum for easy access to the furling line.
Lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.
Exclusive system of polypropylene bushings protects the forestay from galvanic corrosion.
||Series A Foil Section
||Series B Foil Section|
The heavily anodized, extruded marine aluminum alloy foils
are furnished in 5' lengths.
Opposing sections dovetail into each other and overlap
longitudinally forming a true aerodynamic profile with high torsional strength.
No screws, no glue.
ALADO has self-contained double halyard sheaves to allow fast
sail changes and downwind sailing with twin genoas. Existing sails can be
used after simple
The halyard is led through the sheave, returned and made fast to an
eye on top of the drum. As there are no hanks, high halyard tension is not required and no
halyard loads are applied to the mast.
No swivels are used. This eliminates the possibility of halyard wrap,
which can produce a tourniquet effect, leading to forestay parting and mast collapse.
- ALADO is designed for owner installation and uses the
existing headstay without modification.
- Load distributing polypropylene bushings center the headstay to
eliminate galvanic corrosion, friction, wear,and noise.
- Polypropylene pins fix the bushings.
- No screws, no glue.
To remove the risks of jamming and failure ALADO has minimized
the number of moving parts and eliminated attachment points to the standing rigging.
Ball bearings and swivels subject to tension are not used.
The solid but open drum provides easy access to the furling line
and revolves freely around the headstay. The furling drum,
sheave boxes and luff feeders are manufactured from cast aluminum alloy, with the added
protection of heavy anodization and thermo-electrostatic paint.
MODEL TYPICAL TYP. STAY MAX. STAY
NUMBER LOA DIAMETER LENGTH
A0 20' 5/32" 30'
A1 25' 3/16" 35'
A2 32' 1/4 " 40'
A3 36' 5/16" 50'
A4 40' 3/8 " 55'
B1 40' 3/8 " 55'
B2 50' 7/16" 65'
B3 60' 1/2 " 75'
B4 70' 9/16" 85'
- The correct model is determined by the stay length.
- ALADO is designed to be installed above the existing forestay deck terminal.
- The central aperture of the furling drum slips over terminals up to 1½" diameter for A0-A4 series,
2" for A3-A4 series and 2 ¾" for B1-B4 series.
- The foredeck tackle must provide clearance for the furling
drum: A0 -
6" diameter, 6" high, A1-A2
8" diameter, 6" high, A3-A4
- 11" diameter, 8" high, B1-B4
12" diameter, 10" high.
area: A0-A2 -
400 sq.ft., A3-A4 -
650 sq.ft., B1-B4 -
Maximum luff rope
3/16", A3-A4 and
The complete kit includes:
- Foil top terminal with two halyard sheaves.
- Foil profiles.
- Polypropylene bushings.
- Two luff feeders.
- Foil bottom terminal.
- Furling drum.
- Drum centralizer.
- Stay clamp
- Step-by-step manual.
Please follow this link.